Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Farther along than I thought

Well, here's a kick in the pants from the guy who's been trying to find a way to write more prolifically: I already did.

I got a tad nervous about the little tiff between Level 3 and Cogent that led to some communications breakdowns last week. I realized that if some unthinkable mess occurred and I couldn't access the Web, I had no record of these online musings - not a great catastrophe in the history of literature, but a bit alarming personally.

As the aging process marches on, I don't always remember everything I'm thinking, so I have to write it down. I also don't always remember everything I've written down - that's why I write it down, so I don't have to remember - so it's nice to have a reliable place where I can retrieve what I wrote.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon cutting and pasting the entries from my brief blogging life onto my hard drive, and then printing out a hard copy - and resolving to make it a habit, not an afterthought. I was surprised to discover I have nearly 70 pages of thoughts and ideas that I've been tossing around cyberspace for the past three months.

The blog has fulfilled my original goal of giving me a motivation to sit at the keyboard and start typing. Goal No. 1, accomplished. On to Goal No. 2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home