Sunday, October 02, 2005

Oh no, Jodie Foster beats up Malcolm Reynolds


I'm afraid the news is a little disappointing, as the weekend box office figures show "Serenity" at No. 2, pulling in $10.1 million. Nothing's ever easy for Mal Reynolds' crew. Still, that is the best showing by a new release this week, and the buzz seems to be extremely positive. Maybe word of mouth will give the show some momentum and some more audience.

I just want the thing to gross enough to justify the sequels! I'm not ready to let go of these marvelous characters and this great story. Doing my part - I expect to be back in the theater Monday night for my third viewing. When I was younger, I'd see a favorite movie 4-8 times, but I haven't gone more than twice since the 1980s. Yep, "Serenity" is that great.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wally Conger said...

$10.1 mil ain't bad...not these days, with so much stuff being dumped EVERY weekend into the theaters. I do think word-of-mouth will be very good and will certainly help keep Serenity aloft for several weekends. (I've been talking up the movie to a lot of people and know at least a half-dozen who plan to see it for the first time in the coming week.) And, of course, there are repeat viewers like you and me, who are extremely important to the Big Success of any movie.

And hell, DVD sales will go through the roof! (Often enough to get a sequel made.)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Wally Conger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home