Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Should have added this to those movie recommendations

While I have said nice things the last couple of days about Crash and Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit, I should have added that both films contain the anti-Second-Amendment underlying theme that guns do unpleasant things to children and other little furry creatures. Without giving too much away, Crash has a couple of key moments that are premised on reckless use of guns. And a central part of Were-Rabbit's plot is the race between our heroes' efforts to catch-and-release bunnies (they're so cuuuute) and the foppish hunter with his big gun.

But once you get past that, they're both terrific, well-made stories. Face it, most movies nowadays don't have that Malcolm Reynolds mentality.

While I have gotten into the Netflix habit and drastically reduced my DVD purchasing, I did go out and buy those two today. I'm going to want to take these rides a few more times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home