Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The pending return of B.W.'s Book Report

I am somewhat aghast to note that I last finished a book at the end of July, lo, these eight months ago. However, I'm pleased to report that the book I decided to break fast with, Robert J. Sawyer's Mindscan, is a good one for leaping back into the habit. And, thanks to Wally Conger's letting me know the book existed, John Scalzi's The Android's Dream arrived a couple of days ago.

I go through these droughts from time to time, when all of my reading is off computer screens, newsprint and magazines and all of a sudden my brain feels depleted. Sometimes I don't realize what I'm missing - this time, I just up and said, "I gotta read a book - any book!" I'm glad my eyes fell on the Sawyer first. I'll tell you why after I race through the second half. Those who've read it already know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home