Friday, September 14, 2007

On the Road

Milady and I are prepping for a 1,000-mile trip that begins Saturday morning. Of course, I don't consent to unreasonable searches of my innocent person and property, so we'll be driving - that, and we have friends to see between here and there, not to mention the friends on the other side of the 1,000 miles. I/we expect it to be a valuable time; it's probably 5-6 years since we took an extended road trip that didn't include my parents' house at some juncture - numerous 3-4 day weekends and overnight trips in the meantime, of course.

We'll be packing her laptop and, thanks to Wally's timely heads-up, a printout of Murray Rothbard's "Betrayal of the American Right," and the Mead composition notebook that contains the beginnings of my master plan for escaping wage slavery. I hope to make many notes during Milady's shifts behind the wheel. Thanks to the joy of laptops and Wi-Fi, I hope to post while out yonder, but I make no promises just in case.

I can already feel the weight of the day job starting to lift off my shoulders, but I have to be careful about shirking the yoke too soon - much to be done before they free me for a week. Oh my, nine days in all not on the clock ... a guy could get used to this ...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy and safe travels to you both!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Wally Conger said...

Have a terrific and restful time, Brian. And think of me, surrounded by painters and carpenters as I continue living through the long process of home remodeling.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home