Monday, October 15, 2007

A nice thought to keep in mind

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

I have never been especially drawn to the film The Fight Club – the subject matter doesn't interest me terribly, and although I know it has a bit of a cult following, it's not one of the hundred or so movies "I haven't seen yet but know someday I have to."

But now, discovering this little quote came from that flick, I have a new respect and a slight reading on the interest-o-meter. Even if it's the only two seconds worth keeping from a two-hour-plus movie, it's a profound thought.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B.W.

I've watched Fight Club and it has its charms, although I prefer Legends of the Fall for Brad Pitt movies. Joe, my son, just watched Fight Club recently. He enjoyed it, but does not put Fight Club on his short list either.

A few movies that can't be bought on DVD or even tape in USA format (e.g. Wild River more on it here) rank far, far higher in my film pantheon. However, since Fox "owns" Wild River, like it owns Buffy, it chooses to keep it under a basket, also like Buffy.

<sarcasm>That Intellectual Property stuff sure does protect creators and innovators, like Fox, eh? </sarcasm>

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home