Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Something in the wind

I remember when V for Vendetta came out, either I or someone like me predicted that it would take more than a few months to determine if it had any impact on Americans' thought processes. I think the impact was seen fairly clearly this Nov. 5. As skeptical as I am about the chances of changing the American Empire through the election system, it's hard to ignore the Ron Paul campaign's feat of raising more than $4 million online on the Fifth of November. Never been done before by any of our would-be emperors.

Not that it won't be ignored - I didn't see or hear it on the morning news, and the story didn't make the morning papers, and I'm not seeing it tossed up front on the local newspaper Web sites.

But maybe a wind is blowing out there, somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home