Friday, February 29, 2008

Too much February

I guess it's an interesting little anamoly, this Feb. 29 thing. It catches the calendar up and gives people who happen to be born on this day something to talk about.

But who really wants February to last any longer than it has to? And, for an added bonus, every leap year we get to see a bunch of people with messianic complexes competing for the title of benevolent dictator leader of the "free" world.

I like to look on the positive side of life, but darned if I can find something nice to say about Feb. 29. Bah! Humbug.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you don't like February =(. It's my favorite month of the year. The weather is usually crisp and not too rainy in my neck of the woods. We're more likely to get a nice, short snow in February than in earlier months. My birthday is in February; Tee's birthday is in February. It's the shortest month of the year, even in leap year, which makes it special. The amethyst is the February birthstone; they're very pretty without being too expensive. About half of all February birthdays are Aquarius, so you could say this is The Month of Aquarius. I happen to like Valentine's Day, but that could be a plus or a minus for February, depending on your opinion of the whole heart day thing. Last, the holiday hang over from ThanksgimasYear's Day is finally gone!

Or you can still say bahumbug and be in a better mood tomorrow =).

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home