Thursday, August 14, 2008

Belated shameless self-promotion

I literally forgot to tell you that the first chapter of The Imaginary Revolution has been brought to life in Uncle Warren's Attic #54, which was posted Monday. You can listen to UW's dramatic reading of my new novel over the next few weeks, as it emerges from my mind and keyboard.

Based in the same universe and approximate time frame as The Imaginary Bomb, this book is about Sirius 4's declaration of independence and how things worked out. The events and characters of the first book are tangential to the new one, but the climax of I-Bomb serves as a catalyst to the events of I-Revolution.

The first short chapter sets the stage and introduces Raymond Kaliber and Badiah Sinclair, our hero and his main protagonist, although they're only about 12 years old at the time. You'll also hear a couple of teasers about two other characters, former football player Rev. John "Hemmy" Hemlock and the gorgeous Buffalo "Don't call me Buffy" Springsteen.

Although it was almost two years between the I-Bomb podcast and release of the book, my plan is to have the download/print version of The Imaginary Revolution on the market within a month of the new podcast series' finish. Goal is Oct. 15; we'll see how that goes.

You can listen or download the show featuring my first episode here. And if you're in a real hurry, we're also making the eight-minute reading of Chapter 1 available here. But you'll miss the pomp, circumstance and the glimpses of Hemmy and Buffalo.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home