Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I like turtles - the video

I continue to be charmed by Berkeley Breathed's response to the question, regarding the end of Opus: "Your audience has, by and large, mostly read you in newspapers. These are far less vital times for newspapers than when your career started. What has that been like -- having your work distributed in what seems, increasingly, like a dying form?"

"I like turtles," Breathed responded. "Maybe you saw the YouTube of the kid at Halloween saying precisely that to the TV reporter when she asked what he thought of being made up as a zombie. It's a perfect dodge from unpleasant candor."

With the page view count for the young zombie now well over 7 million, I'm thinking many people agree with Breathed's assessment. I like turtles, indeed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home