Tuesday, January 17, 2006

All Things Must Pass, Dammit All Anyway

You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It)
Ral Donner
Written by George Burton and Paul Hampton
Peaked at # 4 in 1961

You don't know what you've got until you lose it
You gave me you-your love but I abused it
And now I'm sorry for the things I didn't say
`cause I know now I acted in a foolish way
(oh yeah) uh-huh-huh (oh yeah) oh-oh-yeah


"Holy cow, this is a great catalog, I really need to browse through it and buy a bunch of this stuff. One of these days. When I have some extra cash. Someday. Soon. Eventually."

Who knew Loompanics wasn't going to last forever?

I try to be an optimist, but this is two body blows out of Port Townsend, Wash., in a month: First the death of R.W. Bradford, and now Mike Hoy's announcement that the most eclectic source of freedom lovers' reading material will soon be no more. This hurts. I feel bad taking advantage of the 50-percent-off closeout sale, but money is a finite thing and this is our last chance. I'm sorry I didn't start buying sooner and do my little bit to delay the inevitable.

Thanks, Mike. We don't know each other, but you inspired me and a lot of other folks, and you did a great thing for 30 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home