Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Another eulogy for Harry

My friend John Newman added this comment to my post about Harry Browne, and I can't let it stay buried down the page. I wish I'd written this:

bwr, as you know, I am often without any communication with the world and this is the first I have heard of Harry's passing. Harry had a national audience to spread the Libertarian message and he did it eloquently, simply, and in plain American language and the citizens of this country overwhelmingly rejected him, the LP, and any chance for a real change in politics. To be optimistic that a change will occur in the hearts and minds of our fellow citizens for more liberty, freedom, and self-governing is, I believe, a pipe dream. But, he is now free from government regulation, snooping, and the chains of freedom and can spend eternity in a restful repose. God Bless his soul, he did what he could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home