Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Imaginary Bomb - Episode 2

How long did I sit on The Imaginary Bomb before working up the guts to share it with the world? Down in the basement this morning, I found the floppy disks I used to write the novel on my Commodore 64, back in 1989.

I'd like to say I decided to make the chapters short - they each take Warren a little more than five minutes to read - because I made a conscious decision to make the story flow fast and loose. The truth is, partially, that I kept writing until I ran out of room in the C-64's memory. It did help me with the pacing.

I actually got about one-third to one-half of the way through a sequel, too. While I was perusing that manuscript, a drawing of the Betsy Ross fell out of the papers. This week, in Chapter 4, you find out how it got that design. And no, it has nothing to do with a certain battery-operated product made famous by Jewel Staite's second-funniest line in Serenity.

Thanks for checking out my little story. Thanks to Mr. Bluhm for bringing it to life. I doubt I could do this without him. Someday I hope I can tell you the whole story about how this all happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home