Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The slaves chatter amongst ourselves

Very atute musings about wage slavery from Michael in "Getting Free Part 2," which I missed at first when it was posted the other day. (Plus I'm a sucker for visuals from Fritz Lang's "Metropolis," so it caught my eye as well as my head.)

Some people might say that your corporate master cannot sell you....I say different. Workers are a company asset, (or liability in downtimes) and as such are part and parcel of any trade when a company is sold. If your company is sold by its owners then you can be sure that you are part of the deal, just like the desks, chairs, computers and products. All your new owners need to decide upon purchase is whether or not you are to be allowed to remain their property and continue to labour on their behalf. How is that intrinsically different than being placed on the auction block when the plantation goes under?

Michael promises "Next: What can we do?" That's been the A-number-one question in my mind the last couple of years, so I'm looking forward to any and all suggestions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Poker Site said...

Rather amusing piece

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home