Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Revisiting what I'm going to do when I grow up

All this talk of anniversaries, and I let the one-year anniversary slide of my entry "What I'm going to do when I grow up." You may recall it, or you may read it again for the first time here.

What I'm going to do when I grow up: I'm going to have some adventures. Tonight, when I return home from my comfortable corporate job, I'm going to stop "just thinking" about these adventures and commit them to paper. If I have time tonight after I write them down, I will get started on one or more of them. Otherwise I'll get started first thing in the morning. The corporate job will keep me from going as fast as I can, but it will pay the bills in the meantime.

Why am I writing this here? So that if months continue to slip by and there's no sign of change, my friends and readers with memories will ask, "Hey, B.W. or whatever your name is, how's it coming with those adventures?" The fear of having to say, "Oh, I haven't done much about my dreams" will be a motivation for me.

So, have I had any adventures? Some; not enough. I'm still working up the courage to declare independence day. Same time next year, perhaps? Gawd, I hope it's sooner than then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home