Saturday, September 23, 2006

Where have we heard this before?

"The first I heard of this is when I read it in the newspaper. I guess I was taken aback ..."

Wow, Nineties flashback, man. Except instead of reading that he'd raped someone or was cheating on his wife again, this time the president was reading that one of his flunkies had warned the president of Pakistan to play ball or be bombed back to the Stone Age.

I didn't believe Billy Jeff then when he claimed to be innocent and ignorant, and I don't believe Georgie today when he claims to be innocent and ignorant.

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss the days when the president was making love in the Oval Office. It beats making war at the drop of a big ol' Texas hat.

'Course, I seem to remember Billy Jeff dropping a few bombs and killing a few folks in his own right. I was screaming "WTF!?!" while half of America was saying it was right. Now I'm screaming "WTF!?!" while the other half of America defends the indefensible. It's enough to drive someone cuckoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home