Saturday, January 13, 2007

The good news-bad news about Ron Paul's candidacy

Over at Independent Country, James Leroy Wilson does a nice job of analyzing Ron Paul's imminent presidential candidacy. As buoyant as this news is, Wilson rightfully points out that mainstream pundits will either have a field day pointing out Paul's "extremism" or they will ignore him, discouraging friends of liberty to no end. On the other hand:

Why not Ron Paul? Why not now? If pro-liberty politicians never run for President, we’ll never have a pro-liberty President. If the small-government wing of the GOP never asserts itself, the GOP will never support small government. And no libertarian or constitutionalist has the credentials Ron Paul has to lead this fight.

Good thinking and good reading.

Irrelevant P.S. - OK, I'm going to join the crowd and switch over to "the new Blogger" now. If everything looks messed up, don't say you didn't warn me ...

2 Comments:

Blogger jomama said...

If I were in charge and a guy like Ron came along, I'd support him and make him prez to take the blame for The Coming Fall. Then I'd never have to deal with liberty issues again. Those issues could be easily blamed. After all The Blame Game is really 'hot' and the rubes will never figure it out.

Just chalk this comment up to a short novel. Never happen, will it.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that switch goes well, BW. It's been on my mind, too. At least now I'll get to see it in action before I make up my mind.

As for Ron Paul...well, I'm ambivalent. It just doesn't matter too much to me. I like some of the things he says and some of his votes and some of the stuff about him I dislike. I prefer Steve Kubby as a presidential candidate...both have the same chance of being elected, tho.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home