Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My left foot

A postscript to my review of John Fogerty's new album, Revival:

I had the disk* in the car stereo on the way home and was lost in the same kind of feeling I had when listening to the old Creedence Clearwater Revival tunes in the car - so lost in the feeling that I picked up my left foot and only just caught myself before I ended up with both feet on the brake pedal. Back when CCR was in its heyday, of course, I drove a car with a clutch, and my foot was unconsciously reliving the experience of enjoying those tunes. That's how deeply Fogerty has recreated that sound this time around.

*Yes, kids, you can make a CD recording off a vinyl album – vinyl is DRM-free! Just another advantage to the old technology.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home