Saturday, September 06, 2008

Random thought on tats

Perhaps a thought like this qualifies me for early geezerhood, i.e., "What's wrong with these young whippersnappers nowadays?!?" But:

If a girl grabs a razor blade or some other sharp object and starts cutting into her body, it's interpreted as a cry for help and mental health professionals are called in.

If a girl hires someone to grab a needle and cut an illustration into her body, it's cool and sexy and everyone stands around admiring the work.

A little butterfly in the small of the back is kind of cute. A labyrinth of pictures covering an arm or a face or a torso? Looks like a cry for help to me.

Am I a geezer or am I on to something here?

Afterthought 15 minutes later: I'm not trying to tell anyone what or what not to do with their bodies. I'm just curious about this distinction between "harmful" cutting and "artistic" cutting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help you. I became a geezerette when they started going beyond pierced ears.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home