Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Lovely but ineffective advertising


Newspapers make great packing material for us amateurs who eschew styrofoam peanuts. One of the most interesting things about eBay is reading the newspapers from all over the country.

This ad, for a Midwestern clinic that does cosmetic surgery, shows three lovely women in fetching bikini tops. The ad is for a seminar the clinic plans that will convince women of all shapes and sizes that enhancement is good for the soul.

The problem I see, as a male with somewhat normal hormonal drives, is that were I younger and unattached, I would gravitate to the woman in the middle. She strikes me as the warmest, sexiest lady in the bunch just from looking at this admittedly crinkly photograph.

The clinic wants to convince us of the wonderful benefits of breast enlargement, by showing us a photograph of a beautiful, desirable girl whose breasts are not bulging out of her top. I would not hesitate to take her as is, if she would have me.

Some ads are more effective than others. This one screams the opposite message it intends.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On behalf of smaller-breasted women everywhere, I thank you.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I don't find any of those girls attractive in my eyes, I want nothing to do with fake boobies. I would rather have a natural, small-breasted gal than one with fakes any day of the week. Same for botox, permanent makeup and all that other junk they try to get women to try.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John ... wouldn't having these girls in your eyes be painful? [Sorry, I couldn't resist!]

6:11 PM  
Blogger B.W. Richardson said...

You're welcome, Sunni. My opinion is informed by memories that I treasure but will keep to myself. Mmmmm ...

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunni, some punctuation errors are minor little boo-boos, like the one I made, others can have monumental consequences. The one that comes to mind is the lack of a period after "Congress shall make no law..."

btw, if you haven't heard, several Texas libraries will not let me access your blog from their computers.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, no doubt your punctuation goof was minor compared to the historic one you cite, but it was a good deal more entertaining.

And no, I'd not heard that about my blog being blocked anywhere. Guess that means I'm doing something right. Heh.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home