Friday, August 04, 2006

Brain seizes up from heat - no, not really

I don't know why I haven't been as prolific the last few days. I suppose I could say my brain has been fried by the ridiculous heat in New Jersey this week, but that would be not quite true on many levels. I think I've just been blown away by some of the other cool stuff I've encountered out here on the 'Net, like this here that Sunni found via Kevin (BTW, Thanks for the mention, Kevin!). I told a friend that after reading Steve Pavlina's article, I started digging an escape tunnel from the wage-slave command center, and he replied, "Why not just walk out through the front door?" Doh! The obvious escapes me sometimes.

I have also spent some of my spare time working on the sequel to The Imaginary Bomb podcast and browsing around for ways to get the I-Bomb into print for those who don't like books-on-tape formats. The story is shaping up, and I've toyed with the idea of announcing it's going to start Sept. 1, but maybe I'll hold off on that one. (Uh oh, did I just say something? Never mind. It's the heat.)

Mostly Pavlina's article has me stoked. The whole site is full of intriguing ideas, and I really would like to dig in and run with some of them. I just have to refuse to be afraid. I think I can, I think I can ... (Do kids nowadays understand the steam-engine rhythm of those words? Do their teachers???) I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home