Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Idiot box dilemmas

Monday night: 24 and Heroes were on at the same time. I still don't know why I like 24; I get the distinct feeling that the characters who point out very valid arguments about the U.S. government's assault on liberty are being set up to look like fools in light of CTU's noble fight. Heroes, on the other hand, is pretty much the best new thing coming out of the glowing box this year. I saw one online poll that asked a question that's been obsolete for 20 years: "Which show will you watch tonight?" We watched one "live," then watched the tape of the other.

Tuesday night: The State of the Union address is on at the same time as the first new episode of Veronica Mars in six weeks. This time the choice is a no-brainer. Both are works of fiction, but only one will be entertaining.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wally Conger said...

I'm never home Monday evenings, so I now have to set the VCR to tape 24 in the bedroom while the DVD recorder records Heroes in the living room. After I get home at 10:00, I have TWO shows to immediately catch up on. Makes for a long Monday night.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people have 350 channels and you're always complaining, "Theres nothing good on."
Right! So turn it off and get a life.
I am 56 years old and have NEVER owned a TV. For those of you whose IQ has been diminished by watching TV, that means I've never had a TV because I dont want to watch that crap.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home