Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Watchmen assemble

I'm tentatively pleased to hear that the big-screen adaptation of the groundbreaking comic book miniseries Watchmen is not only on track, but the cast is selected and filming will soon get under way under the directing eye of Zack Snyder, who most recently directed 300, which you may recall left me underwhelmed.

Still, 300 was a compellingly made film that I had to respect even though I didn't buy that it was an illustration of "real manhood" or "fighting for freedom." The guy could make a damn good Watchmen movie, I think. We'll see.

I also see by the dates on some of these links that I'm probably the last guy on Earth who cares to have heard about this. Oh well, at least I haven't missed the opening day.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home