Thursday, January 17, 2008

And here, dear friends, is the plan

The Imaginary Bomb, a novel by B.W. Richardson, edited and published by Warren Bluhm, should be available at Lulu.com by Feb. 1 at the latest. You've heard Bluhm's breathless reading, and now you'll be able to hold my breathless prose in your very hands. I will post the appropriate links everywhere I can think of when the time comes.

Wildflower Man: A Collection of Short Stories (working title), written and published by Warren Bluhm, edited by B.W. Richardson, has a target release date of April 15. The I-Bomb is running about two weeks late, but I think we can make this date. Again, you may have heard Bluhm's breathless reading of the title tale.

Refuse To Be Afraid, a book by B.W. Richardson with Warren Bluhm, has a target release date of July 15. These are essays and musings springing from Montag and Warren's late, lamented Green Bay Free Radical blog - what you've read before and then some.

And finally, a fourth book has a target release date of Oct. 15. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, this is the freedom novel I spoke of beginning a month ago. In honor of Sunni and the mysterious CK, I have given it the working title of F!#* the Quotidian until it takes a more coherent form. Based on my (lack of) progress to date, this may be the hardest deadline to strike, but I suspect that holding The Imaginary Bomb in my hands, 20 years after first conception, will be a motivating force.

You may have noticed I've set a goal of releasing a new book every three months. Ambitious goals are the only ones worth setting. I can't believe it took me almost 55 years to figure that out.

I wrote a little more about this first book at Sunni's place Wednesday night. Her idea for a Jan. 16 celebration was/is beautiful, and it's heartbreaking that connection problems kept her from participating herself. I have no doubt she'll more than make up for her (physical) absence - I used the parenthetical adjective because she was definitely there in spirit.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'tis I, the mysterious CK.
Allow me to remove some mystery.
I fell in love with the works of R.A.Heinlein in the early sixties.
Rand's works joined my permanent bookshelf in 64. I was involuntarily enslaved in 1969.
have been self-employed since the mid-70's. In the late eighties I began to read the original Greek philosophers ( in translation ) for shits and giggles. Tomorrow I become eligible to apply for Social security.
If my "quotidian" posting was in any way helpful to you I am overjoyed.
For all the years and all the readings and all the inchoate thoughts I have had, one philosophical thought stands the test of time.
"You can never step in the same river twice." In the interim between steps the river has changed and so have you. Some change is glacial and other is quantum, some is so marginal as to be invisible and other so maximal as to make you doubt your own memories. The enemy, the quotidian, is that which tries to disallow the knowledge of change. It is the inculcation of hopelessness and routine. It is the Toohey and Mouch of life. History never repeats itself, but sometimes it rhymes.
So I look forward to your new output; vicariously enjoy your defeat of your quotidian and your ultimate realization that in that defeat you will be installing a new and different quotidian.
Just remember to spell my name properly in the credits section
C.K.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Wally Conger said...

A new book every three months is quite a monumental goal...but I know you're up to it! Now, if I could only rouse myself enough to begin reaching for a goal like that!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

July 15th. I'll be waiting!

I went through my computer files wondering what I had done with all of Warren's old columns that have gone through several computers so far. But I still managed to rescue them off the hard drives. Now, they're stored on several different hard drives in different computers, and on a stand-alone.

I must have saved his blog somewhere as well when I found out that he was shutting it down.

Amongst the 80+ columns I found, I found one column that brought back a particular sense of nostalgia. It regarded a "Civil Liberties Clarification Act."

I have threatened on occasion to obtain all those old files from that partcular website and publish them on the web. Particularily the article describing the original "Act" referred to in Warren's column. I still may do that.

Although I loathe to say it, but we're no closer now then we were back then. On the bright side, I like to say "I told you so."

-k

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Wow* Now that's not just a victory, it's a parade, a celebration, a reason to Snoopy dance for days on end! How did you keep that under wraps for so long? I'd be busting at the seams.

Congratulations to you and to Warren. I wish you both all the best. I'm looking forward to all your book releases.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, B.W.! Ambitious indeed; and I can't wait to get each one.

C.K., I do believe I owe you an apology as well. I misunderstood the tone of your original comment ... but given the result, I'm glad I did.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunni:
I am a reader of your site, have been for a long time. I even asked you once if you made scotch flavoured candies.
No harm no foul. If I were a less ambiguous or otherwise better writer my meaning would not have been misconstruable.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home