Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oh! You talkin' to ME?

I haven't been deliberately avoiding Kirsten's tag, it's just that - oh, you wouldn't believe me if I told you, or maybe you would, but I'm not ready to tell you anyway.

I'm a sucker for quizzes and lists, and music, so this one is custom-made for my passions. So:

1. Have you found a song running through your head on more than one occasion? What is it?
"Breaking Up is Hard to Do." I don't know why, but when my brain enters a lull (frequently), next thing ya know I'm humming "Down doobie-doo down down, cumma cumma down doobie-doo-down down" till the cows come home.

2. If you've gone through a particularly bad breakup, what song do you associate with it?
Can't hear Art Garfunkel's "(I Love You and that's) All I Know" without thinking about a big grin, lovely and meaningful lovemaking, a hilarious joke that her dad told once, and WTF I'm graduating next week why'd you have to do this now!?!?!

3. What's your musical guilty pleasure? A band, song, or genre that you enjoy but are ashamed to admit it?
Kirsten got me - da Monkees. When the down-doobie-doos calm down, next thing that comes up is "You Just May Be The One." (All - men must - have - some - one ...)

4. Name a song that makes you sing out loud when you're alone in the car?
I - should have known better with a girl like YOU - that I would love everything that you DO - and I do - hey hey hey - AND I DOOOOO! Woe-oh-woe I - never realized a lot of things beFORE - if this is love you gotta give me MORE - oops ... sorry ...

5. Name a song, band, or genre that forces you to change radio stations and possibly even rip the knob off?
Rap music is an oxymoron.

6. Is there a song that can make you cry?
"The End" by the Beatles. Has there ever been/will there ever be a more perfect finish to the last project of a splendid group of musicians? The second half of "Abbey Road," starting with "Here Comes the Sun," is one huge and wonderful climax to an incredible body of work.

7. Is there a song that always cheers you up?
"If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out," by Cat Stevens from the "Harold and Maude" soundtrack. I've never tracked this one down, so when a friend sent me a copy the other day, I was really, really, really cheered up!

8. Is there a single song that reminds you of high school?
More than one, but there was this girl I had a crush on who didn't return the favor but was a good friend, and when we went to see John Sebastian and he sang "She's A Lady," ooh, I wished she would want to be more than friends. So that song brings out all the angst of a geek who didn't have a "real" girlfriend until college.

Time to tag someone else ...?
Naah. If I mention someone, I'm leaving everyone else out. If these questions get you thinking, go ahead and answer 'em, whoever you are. I'm interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home