Saturday, October 07, 2006

Yippee Skippy

Oh boy, they named a big boat after George Bush, the emperor's father.

I'm sure I could work up a lather over this, but I'm too busy being gleeful, because one of my favorite days of the year came sooner than many people apparently expected: The Yankees are gone for the season.

"Funny game, baseball. The Tigers are the ones laughing loudest now. And the New York Yankees? Well, they're the joke." Hee hee hee.

I really don't pay any attention to baseball much anymore. But I was a huge Mets fan as a kid. So therefore, it still happens that every season when the arrogant SOBs from the Bronx assume room temperature for another year, I break out the champagne.

Back to the Bushes, are you sure this Onion article from 2002 didn't really happen? Thanks to Wally Conger who thanked the Lew Rockwell blog, where Karen DeCoster also is pleased about the Yankees' early departure from the playoffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home